Journeying into the business world... one undiscovered culture at a time

Welcome to [Per]Suit of Anthropology, a blog dedicated to the exploration of modern business trends and perspectives from the view of anthropologist. This blog is a way for me to connect two sides of my professional self that I see in constant dialogue. Though the business world and the anthropological world may not believe it - they have more in common and more to learn from one another than readily acknowledged. Topics covered include Western business practices and the impact of those decisions on socio-cultural institutions worldwide.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The freedom to pursue passions

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the long absence on blogging here - things have been busy on my end.  It is amazing how, once out of the corporate world, new experiences open up to you in a way you didn't even realize you were missing.  Since getting a new job, I now have more time to devote to things I truly enjoy doing - including researching and writing about anthropology and business.

In that vein, I was recently featured in an interview on the blog, Anthropologizing.  The act of reflecting on my experience in the corporate consulting world has been incredibly eye-opening.  There is so much potential for those of us with anthropology backgrounds to provide to business - the key is sharing with each other the ways we have used our skills out in the workplace, and teaching others how to market themselves accordingly.  In that spirit,   I have also been asked by the bloggers of Anthropologizing to write a journal article on my experiences in the corporate sector, for which I am incredibly honored and excited. So things have been busy!  I promise there will be more reflection on this blog as soon as some more writing has been done on my end.

Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again for contributing an interview to the series!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete